Followers

Thursday 14 February 2013

P.S I Love You

Hahaha, Please do not get confused by the title.. I am not doing a book review...I suck at reviews ( and that is just about anything)..

Happy Valentines Day all.. The last few weeks all on the blogland and facebook I have been bombarded with the valentine fever... So finally I sat down to make this mini and put in all the love I could for my someone special... Mind you, it is not for him but I did make it keeping him in mind soo...

I made a mini... I have no name for this.. it is like a flat version of an explosion box, just bigger in size...And I put in as much of pink and black and red possible.. I am almost blinded by the bright colors *wink*


I wasn't too sure how to do up the cover so I have left it without any embellishments for the moment, so if any of you have any suggestions please feel free to give them to me.. I would really be obliged...

SO now that I have given a lengthy enough introduction to my post, I shall go on and share the pictures.. Needless to say, like all my posts, this is a VERY picture heavy post.


    I absolutely love this quote and really does hold true... Like you can see, no embellishments.


Bottom Flap


the top flap opens to a tag page


so does the bottom flap

the tags


the inside flap

a close-up of the sentiment


the tags


the other flap

I absolutely loved doing the distressing inside the die-cut. Thanks Tejal for this inspiration. It makes a lot of difference to a project from taking it to ok to something eye-catchy. *hugs*

another panel to hold tags

There is a similar panel on the other end too which read 10 reasons I love you and holding a couple of tags.. I forgot to take pictures of that.. :D


a peek-a-boo page

This pee-a-boo page is inspired by Erum who happens to be a great source of inspiration to me. Thanks Erum *hugs*

the inside of the peek-a boo page

Again, the other end has a similar pee-a-boo page. I have tried to balance it out as much as possible...


heat embossed CS with heat embossed sentiment and an insert

This was my most favorite part.. I tried heat embossing for the very first time and it was super fun... :D

the insert


the pocket and insert together

centre panel


The idea for this mini came all off a sudden.. I was kinda bored since my niece isn't around and once I started I could not stop.. I think I went a bit overboard... It was challenging for ti had quote a few firsts for me.. The distressing and heat embossing bit... and I think I used up most of my dies which are quite few as you can see.. :LOL


Supplies:-
Base CS=> 300 gsm black paper locally purchased, brustro, fabriano elle erre and lots and lots of my saved up scraps.
PPs=>Echo park, some 6x6 papers I had picked up from Crazee Daisy, sweet owl
Dies=> Spellbinders label 2, heart circles, floral ovals, MFT eiffel tower die, PTI ric rac die
Distress inks vintage photo, worn lipstick, dusty concord and tumbled glass.
Inks=> Versamark, memento lady bug and lilac posies, Unity noir and moulin rouge
Stamps=> Fiskars sentiment stamp sets, MME for the damask pattern, recollections love birds, Inkadinkado flourish stamp
Hobby ideas clear embossing powder and heating tool.
Small bling from stash and the large ones on the flowers were a RAK from Maninder (Thanks Girl)
Petaloo mulberry flowers.
Jeff leaf punch and retro flower punch.
BIC Markers for my flower centers.
The forever in the center panel is a chipboard which was an RAK from Shalini Mittal. (Thanks Shalini).
MS Doily punch


Entering ym card for the following challenegs=>
Crafters corner- Expressions of Love
Itsy Bitsy=> Pattern paper challenge
Crafty Creations=> Love/Hearts
Divas by Design=> Love/ Romance
Little red wagon=> have the word love somewhere
The paper shelter=> valentine
CTO=> Valentine anything goes
Crafty Sentiments design=>Valentines
CYP=> My Valentine



Thanks for dropping by... Have a fantastic time...


Hugs,
Khush




26 comments:

kavitha said...

Wow..so much of details,loved it totally

Shruti said...

omg omg omg!! Did you do that cloud effect?! Its so damn pretty! :O Love this project!

Hussena said...

Oh wow!! this is like an overload of love:) ...so many details and all of them so beautiful ...loved the different shaped box and all the flaps holding tags and fabulous use of dies too !! What a gorgeous creation Khushboo ...loved it !

Thank you so much for playing along Crafter's Corner #5 and Best of luck :)

yyam said...

Lots of eye candy here. Love the use of diecuts and the bright bold colours!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW so beautiful and you are the pro at Pattern paper use..so wonderfully you mix and match them!! Love the clouds..did you make them...I have tried several times but mine end up looking like mud!!

Michelle said...

Amazing your card. It is full of love.
Thanks for joining us at CYP.
xxx Michelle

Adrian said...

Wow, awesome job! Thanks for playing at CTO!

Unknown said...

Awesome card and post .You rock at making those clouds.Loved that part a lot.

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card I love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Sunehra Koshy said...

Hey the clouds are just fantastic!! I saw it on FB too this morning and was thinking the same thing ... really awesome work.
Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

SD pooja said...

Wow ! I loved this flat explosion box.You have used the pps very beautifully and the clouds look amazing !

chillin with Quillin said...

I dont think you went over board, its awesome love the pockets with the tags,love the designs, you can tell you put your heart into it!!!
Paula

rachel said...

wow - there's a lot of work and detail here - loving your paper choice too - brilliant project! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty sentiments this time and good luck xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow! Stunning, love all the colours and papers, really beautiful creation, thanks for joing us at Divas By Design this week.

MEGHA said...

beautiful creatiom .colour choice is very nice.love it.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Awesome work! My fav is the Eiffel tower insert! thanks for playing along the crafters corner ch 5.

Kaylee Snyder said...

Wow, that is so much! But it's all so cute. I love the quote on your box. It's perfect for this. Thanks for joining us this week at CYP. Hope to see you again.

Anne said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with Crafty Sentiment Designs
Anne x

Joanne said...

Such an awesome project! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Unknown said...

Fantastic job, love how you've projected it. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

Esther said...

Fabulous!!!!! Love that sentiment as well!!! Wonderful attention to details!!!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

Sunehra Koshy said...

Very elaborate and interesting project. Each page has wonderful elements... you've done a fab job! Thanks so much for playing along ItsyBitsy's Pattern Paper Challenge. All the very best!
ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What great details, I love all the wonderful pockets, beautiful job! Thank you for joining us @ CTO for our "Valentine Anything Goes" Challenge :)

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

This is super gorgeous Khushboo.. The details are fab!

Shalini said...

how nicely u have done this....very nicely used eiffel tower....and lovely look...thanks for palying with us at crafters corner challenge # 5 ---expression of love....all the very best.
www.crafterscorner.in
www.crafterscornerindia.blogspot.in

Juhi said...

OmG this is so so gorgeous...love all the details, esp the Eiffel tower insert...it is super gorgeous....how did you make the clouds?