Followers

Sunday 9 October 2011

Easel Card

Hey friends,

Bright and sunny Sunday and am off for a movie.. Excited as it'll be me watching.. a movie after ages.. Almost 5-6 months.. :-| ... I made an easel card... This is my second easel card ever... And by far the smallest card I have ever made... :D.. Usually all my cards are pretty big...

Easel cards are fun to make because there is just so much you can innovate and do with them.. This one is kept fairly simple as it was customized for a friend who wants to give it to his Fiance and c'mon all of us have to agree that max guys go weak in their knees when it comes to selecting a card for their better halves so he judiciously left the decision on me.. :P....

Anyways, take a look at the easel card... It's PINK again.. :-|.. I am besotted with this color.. I need to change and move onto other colors.. Maybe a dark blue.. :-)



:D.. I just love this cutie girl.. I could use it anytime...



You can see the view outside my window... :D.... and of course the shadows being created by dear SUN... *wink*

The sentiment...



The card stock is baby pink in colour which I bought from my local stationers... the square also has a pink card stock.. over it is a Polka dotted PP which was a RAK from A... The super die cut frame was a RAK from P... The image is from a MICIA stamp set which I had purchased from the Crafting Queen Store...Quilled flowers are handmade by me.. That cutie bird is from Itsy bitsy... On the base, I have used a PP which was bought from Hobby Ideas.. The sentiment is a digi printout from E.. Did some faux stitching around the die cut sentiment which by the way has been traced and hand cut... Those blue shiny flowers are from Itsy Bitsy again.. Colored the image using my ever faithful Steadler water color pencils...

I am entering this card for the following challenges=>
ICRC11=> Easel card + Incorporate basic shapes.. I got round pearls.. :D...
Di's digi designs=> Girly challenge
My Sheri Crafts=> think Pink
Card Makin' Mamas=> Fancy Fold
Fairy Fun Fridays=> Girly

That's all from my end folks.. Have a great Sunday everyone... Will see you guys with another card soon... Please do leave your valuable comments as they are very very important...

Hugs,
Khush

P.S:.. Have another peek at my angel.. :D



This is from her first photo shoot and her first pic with me... :-).. She looks so tiny in front of me.. LOL....


24 comments:

Priya said...

The card is to tooo cute... Loving all the details and the quilled in flowers....
and golu is sooo cute... both of you rock together! Gr8 jodi... :D

Hussena said...

such a pretty card,the quilled flowers look beautiful!!! and so does your niece...so sweet:)

Piyu said...

What a cute card! Loved the stamp and the quilling.

Anita Kejriwal said...

very pretty card! that baby is a doll!very cuddlesome!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Khush such a lovely easel and yes you are right though I just started making easels I feel like making them all the time now! Those blue Itsy bitsy flowers look so good and match so well with the pink

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

chillin with Quillin said...

really cute card, love the quilling, the baby is so adorable!!!!
Paula

Shruti said...

Loved how you've colored the little girl!! :D fantastic.. the border punch everything just goes perfect! :D Kudos!!

And ur lil penguin is so freaking adorable! :D

Merlyn said...

Lovely card :)Love the quilling :)Your angel looks really cute :) So sweet :)How many months old?

Crafting Aberrigines said...

U shudn't be posting pics of such cute bundles...I won't look at your cards then... :P She is a cutsy wutsy tiny bundle ... n she looks all the more tiny with you grinning next to her :D
That apart you card is really cute ..people like you have convinced me about digital stamps, of which I had no liking until I saw your cards :)
Extremely elegant and lively card !

Suzi Mac said...

What a sweet card you have created. beautiful design and that adorable baby is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your adorable creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Unknown said...

Omg ...khushboo you are outdoing yourself with each creation.Love this one.Love the elements...the quilling ...the image...the coloring and the die cut too.fab sentiment and execution.Well done...Your niece is adorable

Sheri said...

CUTE! Thanks for sharing with us at MY SHERI CRAFTS ;-)

Esther said...

Your card is so sweet!
Your pic is precious, should be a scrapbook page!!!!!!!!

Jovi said...

this is a completely cute post.... first the card and then ur lovely angel.... she is so cute.... can I just cuddle her????

Ujjwal said...

What a lovely card! and the baby girl is so super sweet :) Even i wanna cuddle her!!

yyam said...

Such a sweet card! Love the cute little girl! And your niece is adorable! :)

SUGANTHI said...

Such an adorable Picture. Your niece is a beautiful baby. Your card looks Awesome Khush. Your quilling is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Your angel.. is super cute!! And so is the card.. :-)

Benzi said...

Oh, your 'angel' is just adorable and I can tell how much you love her.

Good job on the easel...they're so fun to make. Funny what you said about guys choosing cards. :-) So true.

Tee said...

Sorry baby, it took me sooo long to comment!!! I'm still with the migrane I got yesterday!! sigh!!
I love this card..though I think the birds wing is way high..pull it down a bit..
The coloring is fabulous on the girlie...you could even hang a purse on her hand...
Oh I'm waiting to see the tiny cute girl grow up and be a brat!!! :D

Shalini said...

super cute card Khushboo... dat image is adorable and the sentiment is rocking!!! super cute... and yeah, she does luk quite tiny with u but both of you luk cho chweet and adorable!!! yr friends's 'better half' is sure gonna love it!!!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Super cute! Love that die cut frame! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice challenge! Good Luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/FFF-DT xx

Annette Allen said...

awesome card and the baby is so so sweet...

Priya Sivaraj said...

wow!! such a cute card and sure she s gonna love it!!.. you both look too cute!!