Followers

Thursday 9 June 2011

Black & white and a dash of a blue.. That's the ICR challenge for you.. :-)

This was one of the most interesting challenges ever.. Kudos to Tejal & Ash for coming up with this brilliant concept. The challenge was to a Black & white combo with a dash of blue and of course no DP..

I was thinking and thinking and thinking.. made a few rough LOs.. Didn't like them.. Finally I made this card.. I am reasonably pleased with it..

Have a look..


I am so sorry for this awful picture.. but I tried like everything but that whiteness came on the silhouette image.. it's black alright... :-)

I think I love this whole black CS base layout.. It looks so cool.. I don't know why I didn't try it out before.. Just scared I suppose...

Well the suuplies used for this card:
CS black=> Fabriano Elle Erre
The white card was cut to 2' and then run through the fiskars sunburst border punch
The silhouette image is one I picked up from the free digital images blog..
I layered it on a white card stock followed by a blue one both from Fabriano.
The butterfly was a RAK from Ash
The blue rhinestones Pie Lane ofcourse.

I am entering this card for the followin challenges
ICRC4=> Colour Splash
IDIC=> Hats
2 Sisters=> Silhouette
Crafty Emma=> CAS

That's all guys.. Have a great Thursday...


Hugs,
Khush

P.S: Found the blog for the digi image.. check it out...
http://www.shopscrapbookingsupply.com/page/425221968

23 comments:

Karuna said...

super pretty card!!! just he right dash of blue.... i have never seen anything on ur blog so am quite impressed. the silhouette image is really the cherry on the cake!

Tee said...

Absolutely super!!! Thanks for this beautiful entry...love it!

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

This is sooooo nicely done! love the image!

Bhavana said...

pretty card and the image

chillin with Quillin said...

Beautiful card!, good luck!!!
Paula

Ujjwal said...

ohh this is pretty!! I need to enter the challenge again..forgot the DP twist in my last one :(

scrappybitz said...

lovely card.in fact really cool card

SUGANTHI said...

Really elegant Khush.

Angel said...

I've never tried black and white combo .this looks beautiful and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very nice one! :) Lovely take on the challenge!

Pls also remember that even though the image is a freebie, it is appreciated to mention the site you took the image from. Just a small way of thanking them for the freebie and to get more people to grab images :) Just thought I'd let you know!

Monica said...

SO CLASSY... and sophisticated... love EVERY bit of it... black, white and turquoise - excellent. Sorry, I could not visit earlier as I could not sign into google or blogger. Got it fixed now.

xxx Monica

Hussena said...

This is so stunning the image is just so perfect ur card is so beautiful.

Sudha said...

Lovely creation. Luv it.

Prisha Dharmani said...

wow..beautiful.simple..sweet..i m short of adjectives..

PS : how is ur shoulder now..hope u feeling better

Erum Tasneem said...

This is gorgeous!!

yyam said...

Nicely done. Classy and elegant.

Lekha justin said...

Pretty cute card khushboo...

GreenEarth said...

Your work is very nice and elegant. Wonderful to see how you come up with so many elements in your cards! Where do you get your craft supplies?

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous...love the silhouette!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card,very elegant...Love the border..
Mandy x

Unknown said...

I dunno how i missed this ...its gorgeous ...silhouettes have always been one of my faourites . They add a touch of elegance to anything they touch.

Shubhra said...

Lovely....such a cute card... !!

Merlyn said...

Superb..