Followers

Monday 7 May 2012

My love for stamping (contd)

Hey guys,

Am back with another stamped card. Am loving this stamping bug. Till 2 years back I was unaware of anything like a so-called stamping technique existing and here I am today trying to learn something new. card making and blogging has opened a whole new world for me and I have learnt so much since i started blogging.

This is like a complete Hero Arts project.. Love love love the brand and the stamps it has. I unfortunately own just a  couple of them and am stretching it to the maximum.. :D.. I do plan to lay my hands on a few more really soon though.. :D

I tried the masking technique on this card. I had done a couple of masking cards before. You can check them out here and here. While in my earlier two cards had the focal image masked, in this I created a center circle mask in which to place my focal image. Take a look



Yes yes, I used my BG stamp again but it is just so gorgeous and this really was an idea to work on.. I tried masking on it. The center area where the butterfly is placed was masked using a post-it. You gotta look closely.  The butterfly is then stamped, cute, colored and popped up using double-sided tape.









Supplies:-
white cardstock=> Fabriano Elle Erre
Stamps=> HA flourish BG stamps.
                 Antique Engraving from HA
Inks=> Memento Dandelion for the BG bought from Imaginations and Unity Noir bought from Ujjwal
Mini retro flowers using Jeff Punch
Pie Lane glitter balls for flower centers
Brown bling from Stash
Coloring Medium> Staedler water color pencils


Entering it for the following challenges:-
 Creatalicious challenges=> Butterflies and add some flowers
Sundays with Crissy=> things with wings


Thanks for dropping by.. Have a great start to a new week.. Your comments are highly valuable for me so a big thank you for taking time out for that...

NOTE: You have a few more days to register for the first swap at central. You can check all details here.

Hugs,
Khush





14 comments:

Hussena said...

This is so beautiful khushboo i love the stamping and especially the gorgeous butterfly... love the Bg too and the color as well i have been eyeing this particular stamp for so long ...but am unable to lay my hands on it:(...but will maybe soon!!!

Priya said...

This is super stunning... Lovely stamping.. neat and clear... little flowers are looking too cute... keep it coming ... I am loving your only stamped cards..!

chillin with Quillin said...

Beautiful !!!!
Paula

Benzi said...

Woo Hoo! Another stamped card and gorgeous, too. What a beautiful butterfly. I use that Dandelion ink a lot...such a great color. I use it frequently for sponging.

Carole of Brum said...

Smashing card, I love your design. Thanks for joining in with us at Sundays With Crissy. CoB

yyam said...

Such a sweet card! So beautifully stamped. :)

Esther said...

Oh!!!! I LOVE this Khush, it is beautiful!!!!!!!

Shannah said...

Wow - beautiful card Khush! Looks like that gorgeous butterfly is fluttering in a field of pretty flowers! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Challenge this month! Hugs, Shannah xox

Juhi said...

Hey Khushboo, this is so pretty......you should stamp more often......

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beauty-- I still cant make sense of the stamping talk Khush but sure can sit back relax and enjoy the beauty you have created! The orange color theme has worked so wonderfully!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Shruti said...

AWESOME! Tu toh stamping rage mein hain babes!! Lage raho! :) Continue the good work...

Erum Tasneem said...

what a sweet card Khush! Love your butterfly.

Piyu said...

Beautiful!! Loved the colouring and the background looks fab with this butterfly!

Shilpi Gupta said...

Lovely colors and butterfly...